Governance is the process by which any organisation or group organises in order to be able to make decisions. In schools, this includes the governing body, who are responsible for scrutiny of decisions made in school and for driving improvement, and the processes and policies which allows the school to work effectively and appropriately.
As a member school within a multi-academy trust, responsibility for the governance of Ashwood Spencer Academy ultimately derives to the Board of Trustees appointed to the Spencer Academies Trust. In common with all Spencer schools, Ashwood Spencer Academy has a Local Governing Body (LGB), which is technically defined as a committee of the Trust Board.
The powers defining the legal relationship between Ashwood Spencer Academy and The Spencer Academies Trust, together with the delegation of general powers within the trust, are set out in a document called the Scheme of Delegation.
Local Governing Body
- David Sadler – Chair of Governors | Community Governor | Safeguarding Governor | Standards & Resource Committee – 5 December 2019 – 4 December 2023
- Suzanne Greatorex – Parent Governor – | SEND Governor | Standards & Resource Committee – 23 March 2019 – 22 March 2023
- Ian Wood – Chair of Standards & Resource Committee | Community Governor | Pupil Premium Governor – 1 September 2019 – 31 August 2023
- Morgan Baines – Staff Governor | Standards & Resource Committee – 23 March 2019 – 22 March 2023
- Sharon Mayer – Staff Governor | Standards & Resource Committee – 23 March 2019 – 22 March 2023
- Paula Baines-Chambers – Principal – Staff Governor | Standards & Resource Committee
- Simone Reilly – Community Governor | Standards & Resource Committee – 1st September 2022 – 31 August 2025